Proven performance automotive gear oil
Vans (Inc Minibuses)
Motorbikes & Recreational
Mining, Quarrying & Construction
Agriculture & Forestry
Geartex EP-4 are proven performance automotive gear oils suitable for API GL-4 applications. They are formulated with mineral base oils in combination with selected additives to help resist wear, corrosion and oxidation.
- Geartex EP-4 lubricants are designed for use in automotive transmissions, transaxles, steering systems and hypoid drive axles which require a fluid with API GL-4 performance (equivalent to US Military specification MIL-L-2105). The friction characteristics of the Geartex EP-4 product range make them suitable for use in many synchronised manual transmissions. (Some modern transmissions may require a specific fluid type – refer to the manufacturers’ literature for further details)
- Operating temperatures of above +100°C will lead to a significant reduction in the fluid service life. Peak operating temperatures should not exceed +120°C
Note that due to the use of premium quality base oils, these products have a lighter colour than many lubricants of this type (especially the SAE 80W viscosity grade)
- Proven additive system offers reliable EP protection to critical components against scuffing and wear
- Low temperature fluidity promotes rapid oil circulation during cold start-up, helping protect system components
- Robust shear stability helps ensure viscosity is maintained throughout oil service life
||TE-ML 16A||X |
||TE-ML 17A||X ||X |
 ZF approval number: ZF002276
 ZF approval number: ZF002277
|Bosch||TE-ML 08||X ||X 
|ZF||TE-ML 24A||X |
 List formerly administered by ZF. Products meeting the necessary performance requirements are approved for use, but there is no product listing.
 Products meeting the necessary performance requirements are approved for use, but there is no product listing.
|MAN||341 Type E1||X 
|MAN||341 Type Z1||X ||X 
||341 Type Z2||X 
||TE-ML 02A||X ||X 
||TE-ML 02B||X ||X 
 This list has been discontinued.
 Formerly approved, but ZF removed products of this type from the list in December 2014.