- Geartex EP-5 products are designed for use in automotive hypoid drive axles, steering systems, non-synchronized transmissions and transaxles which require a fluid with API GL-5 performance
- The friction characteristics of Geartex EP-5 products make them generally unsuitable for use in synchronized manual transmissions and transaxles, and they should not be used in these applications unless a GL-5 fluid is specifically recommended
- Operating temperatures of above +100 °C will lead to a significant reduction in the fluid service life. Peak operating temperatures should not exceed +120 °C
- Note that Daimler axle oil specifications include a minimum viscosity requirement that is not met by Geartex EP-5 SAE 80W-90. Although this viscosity grade is suitable for use in MB 235.0 applications, use Geartex EP-5 SAE 85W-90 if an approved product is required
- High performance EP protection promotes resistance to component scuffing and wear
- Reliable shear stability contributes to consistent viscosity and system protection throughout fluid service life
- Low temperature fluidity performance helps ensure rapid lubrication and system wear protection during cold start-up
- Robust oxidation stability helps protect against in-service oil thickening, and aids system cleanliness
||TE-ML 16B||X |
||TE-ML 16C||X 
||TE-ML 16D||X |
||TE-ML 17B||X ||X 
||TE-ML 19B||X ||X |
||TE-ML 21A||X 
||TE-ML 16B||X 
||X ||X |
|US Military||TE-ML 16C||X||X|
||TE-ML 19B||X [1,4]
 Products meeting the necessary requirements for this specification are approved without listing.
 Obsolete specification
 Previously approved, but ZF has changed the technical requirements for inclusion in this list
 For outside temperatures above -26°C.
 For outside temperatures above -12°C.
 Previously approved, but SAE 85W-140 grades are no longer approved for this application.
 List formerly administered by ZF. Products meeting the necessary performance requirements are approved for use, but there is no product listing.
 ZF approval number: ZF002279.
 ZF approval number: ZF002278.
 ZF approval number: ZF002280.
 Obsolete specification. Product was previously approved.