Delo Syn-Gear XPD SAE 75W-85
The automotive industry is constantly striving for improved fuel economy. Current top-tier SAE 75W-90 synthetic axle fluids already achieve better than 97% efficiency, but there is still room for further improvement. Delo Syn-Gear XPD SAE 75W-85 achieves that aim, delivering a statistically significant improvement in efficiency and power loss, along with a reduction in the fluid’s operating temperature.
The most obvious feature of Delo Syn-Gear XPD SAE 75W-85 compared to current fluids is the lower viscosity. However, this is not the only factor that leads to the efficiency improvement – the careful selection of additives and base oils in this formulation also make a significant contribution.
This efficiency improvement has not been achieved at the cost of reduced equipment durability - Delo Syn-Gear XPD SAE 75W-85 meets all the requirements of the SAE J2360 specification, which includes tests run under conditions of High Speed and Shock Loading, and under conditions of Low Speed and High Torque.
The friction characteristics of Delo Syn-Gear XPD SAE 75W-85 make it generally unsuitable for use in synchronized manual transmissions and transaxles, and it should not be used in these applications unless a GL 5 fluid is specifically recommended.
- Offers long-drain capability, helping reduce overhaul downtime and service costs
- Promotes fuel economy when used in Meritor axle gears
- Extreme pressure additives offer exceptional protection against scuffing and wear under low speed, high torque and shock conditions
- Low-temperature fluidity and fast circulation in cold weather start-ups helps provide reliable component protection
- High Viscosity Index and robust shear stability offer reliable, effective high temperature lubrication throughout fluid service life
||TE-ML 08 
||Low friction axles 
||TE-ML 07A 
 List formerly administered by ZF.
 Products meeting the necessary performance requirements for these standards are approved for use by ZF, but there is no product listing.
 Specific versions of Rear Axles type 1344 and 1347. Other versions require an SAE 75W-90 lubricant, such as Delo Syn-Gear HD SAE 75W-90.