VARTECH® Industrial System Cleaner
VARTECH Industrial System Cleaner is suitable for use in concentrations between 5% to 20% of the total oil volume in the system. It is designed to be effective under normal operating temperatures, not to exceed 120°C (250°F).
||Recommended Concentration (Vol %)||Recommended Duration
||5% - 10%
||1 - 7 days
|Heavy Deposit Removal/Deeper System Cleaning
||10% - 20%
||7 - 30 days
- Designed for efficient varnish and sludge removal at scheduled oil changes, helping restore system efficiency with minimal flushing
- Solvent free formulation helps reduce volatility and offers improved seal compatibility
- Helps reduce filter plugging
- Formulated for compatibility with many compressor and turbine mineral and synthetic hydrocarbon based oil products
- Promotes oxidation control retention and performance
- Helps reduce cleaning maintenance downtime
VARTECH Industrial System Cleaner is added directly to the in-service lubricating oil. If the current oil is severely deteriorated, it is recommended the degraded oil be drained, and the cleaner added to a new fill of recommended oil.
1. Determine the amount of cleaner required and the proper duration (see chart).
2. Install a fresh set of filters to maximize varnish and deposit collection.
3. Ensure additional filters are available for the system as filter changes may be required due to release of varnish and deposits.
4. Ensure system does not exceed maximum fill levels when adding the system cleaner; if needed, drain adequate volume of oil to maintain proper operating volume.
5. Add VARTECH Industrial System Cleaner to the system, up to the chosen concentration (by Vol %). Ideally while oil is circulating.
6. Operate the equipment as normal for the chosen duration and monitor filters for increased differential pressure; replace as required.
7. Drain the oil/cleaner mixture from the system while the oil is still warm (safe handling temperatures) and recently circulated. When possible, drain as many locations in the system where oil may get trapped (i.e. filter housings, coolers, piping, de-gassing tanks, etc.).
8. When possible, manually clean any accessible settled deposits and oil from reservoir after drain.
9. System rinse is recommended when any of the following exist:
• Complete drain is not possible (approx. < 10% remains)
• Extremely degraded in-service oil
• Severe deposits in the system
10. Replace filters.
11. Refill the system with Texaco lubricant per OEM specifications.
1 Extended times beyond times listed above are possible. Contact your Chevron representative for additional guidance and information.
2 Lower operating temperatures generally benefit from longer circulation times.