Efficient performance gear, bearing and wire rope lubricant
Mining, Quarrying & Construction
Agriculture & Forestry
Oil & Gas
Motak is an efficient performance lubricant for gears, bearings and wire ropes used in the rail industry.
- Motak is recommended for use on exposed open gearing, bearings, wire ropes, sheaves and pulleys operating under tough conditions where a tacky adhesive lubricant film is required.
- The fatty oil increases lubricity hence its suitability for wet conditions. The fatty oil also reduces the natural viscosity of the residual stock making the product easier to apply.
- Motak was originally developed as a Universal Traction Motor Gear lubricant for diesel and locomotives for British Rail. It can be used for both solid and resilient gears.
- Robust adhesive film helps protect components under challenging operating conditions
- Suitable for lubricating a range of rail locomotive components
- Formulated to improve ease of application
Motak is specially designed to lubricate the traction motor gear cases of diesel and electric locomotives, and was originally developed in this application for British Rail. It can be used for both solid and resilient gears.