ATF HD 389
High performance automatic transmission fluid
Vans (Inc Minibuses)
Motorbikes & Recreational
Agriculture & Forestry
Mining, Quarrying & Construction
ATF HD 389 is a high performance automatic transmission fluid designed for use in Allison on-highway heavy-duty transmissions, which require a TES-389 Schedule One ATF. ATF HD 389 is also suitable for use in passenger car, light truck and bus transmissions requiring a DEXRON®-III H fluid.
- ATF HD 389 is designed for Allison on-highway, heavy-duty transmissions which require a TES-389 Schedule One ATF.
- ATF HD 389 is also suitable for use in most pre-2006 automatic transmissions built by General Motors, Ford Motor Company and other makes which need a high-performance, multi-purpose, power transmission fluid.
- ATF HD 389 may be used in BMW vehicles fitted with GM 4L30-E 4-speed transmissions and GM 5L40-E 5-speed transmissions (gasoline models)
- ATF HD 389 may also be used in power assisted steering systems that permit the use of a Dexron-III type fluid. It should not be used in steering or active suspension systems that call for specific semi-synthetic or synthetic fluids, as the response speed may not be sufficiently fast.
- ATF HD 389 may also be used as a wide temperature range anti-wear hydraulic fluid for mobile, industrial and marine applications. The viscosity corresponds to ISO VG 32.
- Advanced formulation promotes protection against wear and corrosion in gears, bearings and clutch systems, helping increase uptime
- Designed to maintain reliable friction control for smooth shift action
- Formulated for seal compatibility, helping prevent cracking – especially effective in protecting fluoroelastomer seals used in Allison heavy-duty transmissions
- Base oil and additive combination offers advanced oxidation stability, helping protect against lacquers, sludge, and other harmful deposits
- Reliable low-temperature fluidity promotes rapid oil circulation and wear protection during cold weather start-up
||TE-ML 09 
 List formerly administered by ZF. Products meeting the necessary performance requirements are approved for use, but there is no product listing