Capella A 68
- Capella A 68 is suitable for refrigeration units using ammonia
- Capella A 68 is recommended for use in refrigeration and air-conditioning systems requiring lubricants with good low-temperature characteristics
- Capella A 68 satisfies the low temperature requirements of ammonia refrigeration systems
- Capella A 68 is particularly suitable for reciprocating and screw compressors operating at discharge temperatures exceeding +100°C
Note: Capella A can contribute to seal shrinking which can lead to leakage. When there is doubt regarding the compatibility of seals with PAO based Capella A, the equipment manufacturer should be consulted.
Capella A may be used with R-22 refrigerant, but only if this is expressly recommended by the compressor manufacturer and where the evaporator temperature is higher than –20°C (R22).
- Fully synthetic formulation promotes thermal and chemical stability in the presence of ammonia
- Very low pourpoint offers highly reliable performance in modern, very low temperature ammonia refrigeration applications
- High VI contributes to lubrication performance and system protection during high temperature operation
- Low temperature fluidity helps reduce power consumption and promote system protection during cold starts
- Low volatility in comparison with straight mineral oils promotes reduced oil consumption
- High performance chemical stability helps optimise heat transfer performance