Proven performance automatic transmission fluid
Vans (Inc Minibuses)
Mining, Quarrying & Construction
Agriculture & Forestry
Texamatic 4291 is a proven performance automatic transmission fluid formulated for use in passenger car, light truck and bus transmissions requiring a GM DEXRON®-IID fluid. It is formulated with premium Group II base oils and a balanced combination of additives, designed to provide efficient performance.
- Texamatic 4291 is designed for use in the automatic transmissions of cars, light trucks and buses that require a GM DEXRON®-IID (GM 6137-M) type fluid. Although this specification has been made technically obsolete by GM itself, many equipment manufacturers continue to recommend fluids of this type. The product is not recommended for transmissions that require a GM DEXRON®-III fluid
- Texamatic 4291 may be used in Ford passenger car transmissions that require a Ford M2C138-CJ or M2C166-H fluid. The product is not recommended for transmissions that require a Ford MERCON® fluid. Due to fundamental differences in frictional properties, it should not be used in applications that require a Ford M2C33-F/G fluid
- Texamatic 4291 is also suitable for use in power steering systems that require a mineral-type Power Steering Fluid. It should not be used in steering or active suspension systems that call for specific semi-synthetic or synthetic fluids, as the response speed may not be sufficiently fast
- Texamatic 4291 may also be used as a wide temperature range anti-wear hydraulic fluid for mobile, industrial and marine applications. The viscosity is intermediate between ISO VG 32 and ISO VG 46
- Specially tuned, durable friction characteristics promote smooth shifting performance throughout fluid service life
- Low-temperature fluidity offers good transmission protection during cold start-up
- Formulated to provide oxidation stability and prevent formation of harmful sludge, lacquer or deposits
- Shear stability and high viscosity index help retain viscosity across operating temperature range and fluid lifetime
|MAN||339 Type V1 
||339 Type Z1 
||339 Type L2 n|
|ZF||TE-ML 03D 
||TE-ML 04D 
|ZF||TE-ML 11A 
|ZF||TE-ML 14A |
||TE-ML 17C 
 MAN approval number: TUC 8171/03.
 Approval number: ZF001574.
 Obsolete specification.