Delo Syn-AMT XV
Delo Syn-AMT XV lubricants are formulated with fully synthetic base oils in combination with a premium performance additive system, available in viscosity grades SAE 75W-80 and SAE 75W-90.
Delo Syn-AMT XV is designed for extended drain in heavy duty synchronised manual truck transmissions. In addition to its formal OEM approvals, field trial data demonstrates its potential capability for extended drain in a range of other truck applications. Field trial vehicles include those manufactured by MAN, Mercedes-Benz, Scania and Volvo; transmissions include those manufactured by the truck constructors themselves and by ZF, including AS Tronic models and models fitted with intarders. Delo Syn-AMT XV SAE 75W-80 has a Voith Retarder Oil Class C approval – oil service interval is up to 180,000 km (trucks) or 200,000 km (busses), depending on service severity.
Note that ZF mandates the use of a product with a formal TE-ML 01E/02E approval during the warranty period of transmissions with “TE-ML 01” or “TE-ML 02” entries on the type plate. Delo Syn-AMT XV SAE 75W-80 may be used in these applications after the end of the warranty period.
The SAE 75W-90 viscosity grade is intended principally for conditions of high ambient temperature and/or high operating load, or where the application calls specifically for an SAE 75W-90 viscosity grade product.
- Long-drain capability of 450,000 km or more, reducing the need for transmission overhauls and maintenance downtime
- Designed for low-temperature fluidity, allowing fast circulation and wear protection during cold start-up
- High Viscosity Index and good shear stability help provide viscosity and film thickness sufficient for effective high temperature lubrication throughout fluid service life
- Specially tuned, durable friction characteristics, offer smooth shifting across fluid lifetime
- Proven fuel economy compared to conventional fluids (up to 3% improvement, when used in combination with Delo Syn-Gear HD SAE 75W-90 in the drive axles)
- Durable extreme pressure (EP) protection, designed to resist component scuffing and wear
||Synthetic (500,000 km/3 years)||X
||Retarder Oil Class C||X
 Volvo approval number: 97307-039.
 Volvo approval number: 014
 Volvo approval number: 97315-016.
 Volvo approval number: 97319-005.
 Although this product is suitable for use in applications where a GL-4 fluid is specified, it should be noted that the GL-4 specification does not fully address the requirements of synchronized manual transmissions. This fluid is optimized around the needs of commercial vehicle transmissions, and may not give satisfactory performance in applications such as passenger car transmissions.
 In transmissions. The SAE 75W-80 viscosity grade has not been validated in transfer cases.
 The product meets all of the requirements, but MAN made this specification obsolete at the end of 2016.
 Field trial testing demonstrates suitability for use for up to 400,000 km/3 years