HDAX 9300 SAE 40
Premium performance gas engine oil
HDAX 9300 SAE 40 is a premium performance medium ash dispersant/detergent type gas engine oil, specifically designed to offer protection to gas engines running on natural gas under heavily loaded conditions, including high output engines in the 10 MWel class.
- HDAX 9300 SAE 40 is designed for use in high output, low emission four-stroke engines running on natural gas. It has a medium ash level, which is preferred in high Brake Mean Effective Pressure engines with steel pistons (BMEP greater or equal to 22 bar).
- The optimised ash level helps provide protection against valve recession, while preventing reducing the formation of ash deposits in the combustion chamber which could lead to pre-ignition.
- The combination of base number retention and oxidation/nitration resistance offers extended drain capability - even in applications where the oil feed rate is deliberately kept low, placing extra stresses on the lubricant.
- HDAX 9300 helps prevent sludge formation on cylinder liners, which could interfere with oil flow and lead to higher oil consumption.
- HDAX 9300 is formulated to control carbonaceous deposits on pistons, helping improve piston ring operation and scuffing protection to cylinder liners.
- (HDAX 9300 is intended for use with fuels containing low levels of sulphur and Chloro-Fluoro-Carbons (CFC). In sour gas/high CFC applications, use a lubricant designed for that purpose – for example, HDAX 9500 SAE 40.)
- Designed to protect engines running on natural gas, operating under heavily loaded conditions, including high output 10 MWel class units
- Oxidation/nitration resistance with base number retention offers extended drain, and compatible with very low oil feed rate engines
- Dispersant/detergent formulation with oxidation/nitration resistance helps minimise oil thickening, sludge formation and filter plugging
- Promotes piston deposit control, and protection from cylinder liner scuffing and abrasive wear, offering longer engine service life
- Formulated to optimise ash level for reliable valve recession control and to help prevent potential pre-ignition
- Low phosphorus additive design allows use with catalyst systems
Fuel Class A 
- Type 9 – all versions
 Natural gas, associated petroleum gas, mine gas, biogas (sulphur < 200 mg/10 kWh).