HDAX 9500 SAE 40
Premium performance extended drain gas engine oil
HDAX 9500 SAE 40 is a premium performance dispersant/detergent-type extended drain gas engine oil, designed specifically for gas engines running on landfill gas, biogas and digester gas, and for sour gas applications.
- HDAX 9500 is designed for use in four-stroke engines running on landfill gas (including gas containing elevated levels of chlorofluorocarbons and/or siloxane), biogas, digester gas and sour gas.
- The combination of good base number retention and oxidation/nitration resistance helps HDAX 9500 to deliver extended drain capability - even in applications where the oil feed rate is kept deliberately low, placing extra stresses on the lubricant. The dispersant/detergent system is formulated to help prevent sludge formation on cylinder liners, which could interfere with oil flow and lead to higher oil consumption.
- HDAX 9500’s robust corrosion control offers improved cylinder liner life even in intermittent operation in sour gas applications, which may result in the formation of significant levels of acidic condensate.
- HDAX 9500 promotes dependable control of carbonaceous deposits on pistons, helping maintain correct piston ring operation and scuffing protection to cylinder liners.
- Optimised ash level helps provide protection against valve recession and the formation of ash deposits in the combustion chamber that could lead to pre-ignition.
- Oxidation/nitration resistance with base number retention provides extended drain, and compatible with very low oil feed rate engines
- Dispersant/detergent system with oxidation/nitration resistance helps minimise oil thickening, sludge formation and filter plugging
- Designed for optimum protection against corrosion caused by acidic condensate in intermittent operations in sour gas applications
- Offers piston deposit control, helping provide cylinder liner scuff and abrasive wear protection, and longer engine service life
- Formulated with optimised ash levels for valve recession control and helps prevent potential pre-ignition
- Low phosphorus additive formulation allows it to be used with catalyst systems
Fuel Class B (biogas, sewage gas) and Class C (landfill gas) for the following engine types and versions:
- Type 2 & 3 - extended oil change interval
- Type 4 Versions A & B
- Type 6 Versions C & E