Brake Fluid DOT 4
Brake Fluid DOT 4 meets the recognised standards for clutch and brake fluids as demanded by leading motor vehicle manufacturers.
- All hydraulically operated motor vehicle braking systems (drum and disc types) for which a DOT 4, SAE J1704 or ISO 4925 Class 4 fluid is specified
- Make-up or service fill of braking systems requiring DOT 3, SAE J1703 or ISO 4925 Class 3 fluids
- Vehicles with anti-lock (ABS) braking systems
- Hydraulic clutch systems requiring conventional fluids
- Passenger cars, commercial road transport, off-highway vehicles, agricultural tractors and motorcycles Brake Fluid DOT 4 is compatible with other brands of DOT 4/DOT 3 brake fluid
Brake Fluid DOT 4 should not to be used in systems designed for mineral oil based fluids (LHM), for example certain Citroën models, or where Silicone DOT 5 fluids are recommended.
- Higher boiling point (260°C) than other DOT 4 brake fluids, and retention of boiling point in service helps prevent high temperature vapour formation, maintaining braking performance longer than DOT 3 products
- Contributes an additional safety margin against vapour lock when compared with lower specification fluids
- Buffered formulation maintains pH level in the alkaline range, helping protect cast iron and steel components
- Inhibitors contribute to corrosion protection of a wide variety of metals including aluminium, brass, copper, zinc and tin
- Seal swell and lubricity characteristics help prevent fluid leaks and reduce component wear
- Thermal and oxidation stability helps resist fluid degradation, maintaining key performance features throughout fluid service life
- Suitable for a wide range of vehicle types, reducing inventories