How a varnish problem starts
High operating temperatures in your system deplete protective additives in your oils and cause it to degrade over time. The results — oxidation by-products, contaminants and more — can start to precipitate out of the oil. When they do, these deposits attach themselves to equipment surfaces and build up over time, forming a coating of varnish that quickly begins to do its dirty work.
The real business impacts
Varnish buildup reduces a lubricant’s heat transfer properties and causes your system to run hotter and hotter. The consequences won’t just threaten your equipment — they’ll hit you on your bottom line.
- De-rated equipment, unplanned shutdowns, inefficient operation
- Increased maintenance labor, management and spending
- Higher costs and lost profits for the business owner
The issue with conventional cleaners…
Chemical cleaning is the most common method to clean systems of varnish, with most conventional industrial system cleaners being applied at the end of oil life. But due to several compatibility problems in conventional cleaners, they can swell and damage seals, plug system filters and—if not removed in a timely manner—may redeposit the varnish in your system.
- Can cause critical component failures, system damage
- Contributes to lubricant performance degradation
- Requires a system flush
Texaco VARTECH Industrial System Cleaner Helps Restore SJV Gas Turbine to Maximum Productivity for an Annual Revenue Gain of over $350,000 *
Texaco VARTECH Industrial System Cleaner Helps Restore Gas Turbines, Saving $80K+ In Annual Maintenance Costs *
* Actual savings can vary.
New option: System component and lubricant-compatible cleaner
Use a new, state-of-the-art system cleaner that doesn’t damage system seals and does prevent varnish deposits from re-forming during the cleaning process. It does not need to be used in conjunction with a varnish filtration system. And if traces remain in the system after cleaning, it minimally impacts the performance of the new oil.
Introducing VARTECH Industrial System Cleaner (ISC)
When it’s added to end-of-life, in-service oil, VARTECH ISC:
- Cuts through hard varnish to remove it as micro-sized varnish particles
- Captures varnish particles in a protective barrier to enable effective removal from the system without re-depositing on the equipment
- Provides compatibility with in-service oil for optimum operational flexibility and system performance during the cleaning cycle
Pair it with a premium partner: GST Advantage™ products
You might also be interested in
Varnish Removal Solutions: How Effective Are They?
Hint: A more effective varnish solution is available now!